Interested in setting up your business in a Free Zone?
Free Zones are also referred to as Free Trade Zones. These are essentially Tax- Free areas where goods and services can be traded. They were initially rolled out to support global business in the areas by offering benefits like, 100% ownership and exemption from taxes or duties levied on their business.
Every Free Zone has its own area of trade in the UAE . A Free Zone company can operate from various zones in the UAE which are self-regulated.
Every emirate in the UAE has its own free zones. There are more than 37 free zones operating in the UAE.
What are the benefits of Free Zone Companies?
- 100% OWNERSHIP. Unlike Mainland Companies the ownership is not dependent on the nature of business such as professional, commercials or industrial. All the Free Zone companies are 100% expat owned and do not require any local sponsor or a local service agent.
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits.
- 100% exemption from income and corporate taxes.
- 100% import and export tax exemption.
- Business owners can choose from the various Free Zone depending on the specific business type, location and ease of conducting business.
Names of Free Zones and the Emirates in which they operate
Free Zones of Dubai
Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO)
Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZA)
Dubai Healthcare City
Dubai Internet City
Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Dubai Media City
Dubai Gold and Diamond Park
Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC)
International Media Production Zone (IMPZ)
Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA)
Dubai World Central (Dubai South)
- International Free zone Authority (IFZA)
- Free Zones of Sharjah
Sharjah Airport International Free Zone(SAIF)
Hamriya Free Zone
Sharjah Media City (SHAMS)
- Sharjah Publishing City (SPC)
Free Zones of Ras- al- Khaimah
- Rakez- Al- Khaimah Economic zone (RAKEZ)
Free Zone of Ajman
- Ajman Free Zone
- Ajman Media City Free Zone
Fujairah Free Zone
- Creative City Fujairah
Umm Al Quwain
- Umm Al Quwain Free Trade Zone